Thursday, January 20, 2011

Walking

Well like most babies I crawled when I was suppose to and I loved to climb like most babies. I wasn't a fan of walking I guess. My Nana bought me a activity walker. I like to push it an play with it, but not do what its true purpose was. My first birthday came and I still wasn't walking. I am the second child that my mom has and it never really occurred to her that I wasn't walking yet. I had a very neat stroller that was dark blue and white with teddy bears. It was a normal stroller except it could rock or glide and laid flat like a mini bassinet. So mom toted me everywhere in this. I always had toys, snacks, juice whatever; she had it in the stroller for me.

It was when I was 15 months old that I started walking. And when I did, wow! About 13-14 months I finally understood that the activity walker was suppose to help me walk by getting behind it and pushing it. Once I started walking I didn't want to stop! So I guess my developmental delays were unfolding and no one really noticed. They say I was still within that average range. My brother walked when he was 9 months and he is normal. The other thing that was different at this point between me and my brother was he was lactose intolerant and I was not.

No comments:

Post a Comment