Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Month

Well I was born August 23rd, 1999. I was born a preemie, but you wouldn't know it to see me. I was 9 lbs 3 oz. I was 20 inches longs. So that doesn't quite add up to the normal "preemie" that you often here about. People always asked my mom, are you sure? Her answer was always the same. But when you looked real close you could tell I was a preemie. I was a fuzzy baby, the nurses knew I was a preemie. The first week of my life was a bit crazy. I ended up getting my own portable tanning bed at home. The nurse came to see me for three mornings and drew blood work. I had Jaundice. I had to spend time in a little suitcase with the bili lights. My mom stayed right there on the floor next to me. That was the first of many events that would unfold in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment